This User Agreement is a legally binding document between the USER and AUTORIDES. This member agreement will be effective upon your acceptance of the same (directly or indirectly) and will govern the relationship and transaction between USER and AUTORIDES for the use of the services being offered as detailed below:
1.1. It is mandatory for USER to surrender their original Driver’s License/Aadhaar Card/ Pan Card/Election Voter’s ID Card/Passport at the time of booking for verification purpose.
(a) If it is found that any of the above document is forged/expired/has been revoked by the authorised agency, such user’s shall be liable to be governed under the existing law.
1.2 USER is responsible for providing and maintaining up-to-date and current e-mail, cell phone, residential address (current/temporary/permanent), and other account information with AUTORIDES.
(b) It is the sole responsibility of the USER to warrant that ANY SUCH information provided to AUTORIDES is correct and without any misrepresentation/manipulation. In any event if it is found that information provided by the user is falsified/forged, such USERS shall be liable to be governed under the existing law and a case of forgery shall be imposed with immediate effect.
- PROHIBITIONARY USE
2.1 The use of AUTORIDES Bike/Scooter/Vehicle under the following conditions is prohibited:
- a) Any speed race or competition;
- b) For the purpose of towing, pushing, or propelling any trailer or any other vehicle;
- c) For the primary business purpose of transporting people or operating a taxi service;
- d) By any person who is under the influence of (i) alcohol or (ii) any drug or medication under the effects of which the operation of a vehicle is prohibited or not recommended as governed under the Motor Vehicle Act;
- e) In the carrying out of any crime, anti-social or any other illegal activity;
- f) In an imprudent, negligent, or abusive manner or for any abnormal use of this vehicle;
- g) By any person who has provided AUTORIDES with false information, or whose representations are determined to be false (including, without limitation, regarding his name, age, or address);
- h) Driving a AUTORIDES Bike/Scooter/Vehicle outside the state of Meghalaya, or any unauthorised use of the Bike/Scooter/Vehicle by crossing the NHAI Toll Gate situated at Umling, Ri-Bhoi District, Meghalaya, or crossing any other Check Gate bordering the state of Assam, or crossing any International Check Gate bordering Bangladesh, or inter-state use of the vehicle without prior approval;
- i) Driving while using a mobile phone or any other mobile communication device in any manner whatsoever, including while sending an SMS, emailing, using a cell phone with or without a hands-free device, otherwise using a mobile communication device that may distract a USER from driving or otherwise engaging in similar activities, which are prohibited under the prevailing law;
- j) Using AUTORIDES Bike/Scooter/Vehicle to transport flammable, poisonous, or otherwise hazardous substances for other than legally permissible household use or in amounts greater than what is usually consumed in a household.
- k) Transporting objects with AUTORIDES Bike/Scooter/Vehicle that could adversely affect the vehicle’s handling safety or that could damage the interior/exterior of AUTORIDES Bike/Scooter/Vehicle.
- m) Underage driving AUTORIDES Bike/Scooter/Vehicle
- n) Invalid Driver’s License
2.2 The foregoing examples are not intended to be an exhaustive list. Any unreasonable, unwarranted, illegal, unethical, or inappropriate use of AUTORIDES Bike/Scooter/Vehicle except the personal use for travel for leisure purpose, as determined by AUTORIDES in its sole discretion, may be deemed a violation of these terms and conditions.
(a) AUTORIDES and any of its affiliated agency/partner may report to the authorities any use of AUTORIDES Bike/Scooter/Vehicle or other activities that are in direct violation of local, state, and/or national law, or in direct violation of these terms and conditions.
2.3 AUTORIDES reserves the right to immediately suspend or terminate the use of its Service by any USER for a violation of any of the terms and conditions of USER Agreement or for any breach of trust as defined herewith.
- BOOKING/RESERVING AUTORIDES BIKE/SCOOTER/VEHICLE
3.1 Reservation is required for all potential booking. USER’S must always reserve a vehicle in advance of use and will be billed for usage fees only at the time of reservation. USER’S are required to fulfil the below mentioned conditions at the time of taking the possession of the Bike/Scooter/Vehicle for scheduled ride/trip:
- a) USER must carry the original Driver’s Licence, and must surrender the same to the representative/agents/partners of AUTORIDES at location where the possession of the Vehicle is supposed to be taken by the USER;
- b) In order to justify his/her identity, USER’S are requested to carry and support AUTORIDES with any of the following documents (in original) as detailed below:
- i) EPIC – Electoral Photo Identity Card/ Voter’s ID issues/obtained by/from the competent authority of the Govt. of India;
- ii) Valid Passport issues/obtained by/from the competent authority of the Govt. of India;
iii) Aadhaar Card issued/obtained by/from UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India);
- iv) ID (Identity Card) issued/obtained by/from any Government Department, including Public Sector Undertakings;
- v) PAN Card issued/obtained by/from a competent authority of the Govt. of India
- vi) ID (Identity Card) of Universities, Colleges, any Educational Institutions with a clear photograph and other details such as address, Date of Birth, age etc;
NOTE: USER shall be held solely responsible, if any of the above conditions are not being completed successfully at the time when possession of vehicle was supposed to be taken by the USER. In any such events, AUTORIDES reserves the right not to handover the possession of its Bike/Scooter/Vehicle. Consequently, the booking will stand completed without any further onus of AUTORIDES to either refund or return the booking amount.
- BIKE/SCOOTER/VEHICLE PICK-UP & RETURN/ CASES OF THEFT AND CONDITION OF BIKE/SCOOTER/VEHICLE
4.1 USER must pick up the selected vehicle at its designated AUTORIDES premises, or any if its agents, affiliate/partners parking space and should return it secured, clean, and in good working order to the designated location/space by no later than the end time of the reservation period.
4.2 Prior to taking possession of AUTORIDES Bike/Scooter/Vehicle, USER must do an exterior walk-around and an interior look-over. Before driving the Bike/Scooter/Vehicle, USER must advise AUTORIDES of any visible damage to the exterior, or abnormality encountered on the vehicle or in the operation of the vehicle.
(a) If AUTORIDES is not notified of a problem at the start of a reservation/before possession of the Bike/Scooter/Vehicle, USER will be deemed responsible for any problem with the vehicle discovered or reported after your reservation, including, without limitation, damage to the vehicle or lack of cleanliness. In such event, USER may be charged a damage fee, a cleaning fee, or other applicable fees as deem fit.
4.3 No part of the Bike/Scooter/Vehicle and accessories must be tampered with, including any documents pertaining the Bike/Scooter/Vehicle such as Registration Certificate, insurance policy, tax receipts, pollution certificates, vehicle’s key, and number plate.
(b) In the event it is found that there is any tampering of documents /theft of accessories or any unauthorised use and malpractice, such USER shall be penalised/charged fees as applicable, and a criminal case will be followed against such USER’S under the prevailing law and order.
4.4 Stolen Bike/Scooter/Vehicle or any accidental incidences must be immediately reported to AUTORIDES, its agents, partner/affiliates, and the same be reported to the nearest police station with a detailed account in the form of a written complaint based on actual facts. Any discrepancy, inconsistencies, or distortions of facts would be detrimental to a valid insurance. In any such events where it is found that there is falsification of facts, full recovery cost of the Bike/Scooter/Vehicle would be recovered from the USER.
- SAFETY & TRAFFIC CONCERNS
5.1 Bike/Scooter/Vehicle Helmet/Seat Belts and Child Safety – Member is responsible for:
(a) USER should comply with clause as laid down under the Motor Vehicle Act concerning the use of seat belts, helmets, speed and weight limits, etc.
(i) It is mandatory to use helmet provided (in case of Bikes/Scooter) or fastening of the seat belts (in case of four wheeler vehicle) at the time when the USER is in the possession of AUTORIDES Bike/Scooter/Vehicle.
(ii) Protecting all children by properly using any child passenger restraint system that complies with the Motor Vehicle Safety Standards.
(iii) Bike/Scooter/Vehicle must be secured from any external factors including human or general known adverse weather conditions.
(iv) Windows must be closed (in case of four wheeler vehicle) and the central locking system must be enabled at the time when the Bike/Scooter/Vehicle is parked, or when the Bike/Scooter/Vehicle is not in use.
(b) USER is responsible for any traffic violations incurred due to inappropriate use of AUTORIDES Bike/Scooter/Vehicle. This includes, but not limited to:
(i) Unauthorised parking,
(ii) Excess speeding,
(iii) Breaking red light,
(iv) Toll/traffic violations.
(c) USER must not leave a vehicle in a “No Parking Zone”, or wherever there is parking restrictions. Any fine/penalty imposed by the traffic personnel in the vent when Bike/Scooter/Vehicle is parked in restricted zone, the same shall have to be borne by the USER, either on the spot or by obtaining a Challan after all due procedures with the concerned traffic personnel on duty for release of the Bike/Scooter/Vehicle.
(i) In the event where challan amount is not paid on the spot, AUTORIDES would paid the same and the amount would be adjusted from the security deposit at the current rate and other inconvenience charges as applicable.
- NO WAIVER, TRANSFER RIGHTS, AND TERMS & TERMINATION OF SERVICE AGREEMENT
No term contained in this Agreement may be changed or waived, except in writing signed by an authorised representative/agent/partner of AUTORIDES.
The rights granted to the USER under this Service Agreement are not assignable or transferable, in whole or part thereof. Any attempt to transfer this Agreement would mean violation of this Agreement and may attract penalty or criminal clause as defined from time to time.
This User Agreement shall continue to apply until terminated either by USER/AUTORIDES, its agents/partner at the end of each reservation phase, or when full possession of Bike/Scooter/Vehicle is obtained by AUTORIDES from the USER who wishes to surrender the vehicle at the end of each reservation period after full inspection for any defects, accidental damages, etc.